Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
Quotes in Under 2 Hours, Parts Delivered in 1-3 Days
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) technology offers fully functional prototypes with strong mechanical properties and good thermal resistance. SLS prototypes offer excellent long-term stability and resistance to most chemicals.
SLS parts are excellent for tooling, fixtures and low volume production. In fact, SLS parts have been flight certified and are being used today in civil and military aircraft around the world.
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) uses high powered CO2 lasers to fuse plastic or ceramic powder together layer by layer. The machine contains a powder cartridge. The powder is layered by roller over the build platform and the laser then traces the area to become the part, solidifying the powder and layers together. The platform then lowers, another layer of material is laid down and the laser then goes over the next layer. This continues until the part is completed. Due to the nature of the material, which holds the part in place while it is being built, support material is not needed.
Benefit & Applications
- Fast delivery and low cost
- Functional prototypes with complex features
- Wide range of material properties
- Parts are flight certified and are used in civil and military aircraft
- Ideal for high-heat and chemical resistant parts
- Capable of snap fits and living hinges
- Aerospace Hardware
- Electronics, Packaging and Connectors
- Product Performance and Testing
- Design Evaluation Models
- Jigs and Fixtures
- Injection Molding Inserts
- Foundry Patterns for Sand Casting
Recommended Minimum Feature Size
630 Industrial Park Road
Deep River, CT 06417
Toll Free: 888-392-0957
Terms & Conditions